Multiple years of drought have lead to a historic water shortage in California and Pasadena Water and Power invites students to celebrate the importance of using water wisely.
The overarching theme for the student art calendar contest is "Water is Life" as it relates to the environmental stewardship and conservation of water. We encourage students to let us know how they do their part to be efficient and water-wise both inside and outside of the home.
Pasadena Water and Power Contest Rules
1. The overall theme remains "Water is Life"
2. Submissions will be accepted through May 19, 2017
from K-8 students in a Pasadena public or private school.
3. Each entry MUST have the following information printed legibly on the poster information card
- Student's Name
- Teacher's Name
- Student's Grade Level
- School District
- School Name and Phone Number
5. The DEADLINE for submitting artwork to PWP is May 19, 2017
6. All entries must be submitted in a flat (do not fold), sturdy box or package (no tubes) along with a signed parent approval form to:
Pasadena Water and Power
150 S. Los Robles Ave. Suite 200
Pasadena, CA 91101
ATTENTION: Teresa Gonzalez
- PWP will award a Kindle Fire Tablet to the two top entries
- PWP will submit the top five entries of both age groups to the Metropolitan Water District (MWD) for consideration in the 2018 Student Artwork Calendar
- A total of 10 entries will be submitted to MWD. All artwork selected by MWD will be honored and acknowledged at a Student Art Exhibit and Recognition event
Congratulations to Matthew Vargas of Hamilton Elementary! His artwork is featured in the 2017 "Water is Life" Student Art Contest and was honored at Metropolitan Water District Headquarters on December 8, 2016.