Multiple years of drought have lead to a historic water shortage in California and Pasadena Water and Power invites students to celebrate the importance of using water wisely.
The overarching theme for the student art calendar contest is "Water is Life" as it relates to the environmental stewardship and conservation of water. We encourage students to let us know how they do their part to be efficient and water-wise both inside and outside of the home.
Pasadena Water and Power Contest Rules
1. The overall theme remains "Water is Life"
2. Submissions will be accepted through April 22, 2015
from K-8 students in a Pasadena public or private school.
3. Each entry MUST have the following information printed legibly on the poster information card
- Student's Name
- Teacher's Name
- Student's Grade Level
- School District
- School Name and Phone Number
4. All entries must be submitted with the parent/guardian approval forms
5. The DEADLINE for submitting artwork to PWP is April 22, 2015
6. All entries must be submitted in a flat (do not fold), sturdy box or package (no tubes) along with two signed parent approval forms (both Pasadena Water and Power's and Metropolitan Water District's) to:
Pasadena Water and Power
150 S. Los Robles Ave. Suite 200
Pasadena, CA 91101
ATTENTION: Teresa Gonzalez
Prizes and Recognition
- PWP will award a Kindle Fire Tablet to the first-place entries in each of the K-5 and 6-8 grade groups
- PWP will submit the top five entries of both age groups to the Metropolitan Water District (MWD) for consideration in the 2016 Student Artwork Calendar
- A total of 10 entries will be submitted to MWD. All artwork selected by MWD will be honored and acknowledged at a Student Art Exhibit and Recognition event