• Police Banner 2

  • Bicycle License - $4
    Bicycle License renewals, transfers, duplicates - $2

    In order for a citizen to register his/her bicycle, they must be a Pasadena resident and fill out a Bicycle License Application. The citizen must bring the bicycle into the Police Department so that the serial number can be verified.

    Clearance Letters - $10

    Clearance letters list local arrests with convictions or outstanding court dispositions. They may include arrests without convictions upon request. A driver’s license is required, and the information will only be released to the subject of the record.


    Any request for photos associated with a police report must be made in writing. Applicable fees, whether requested by a subpoena or not, will be provided to the requesting party, by the Photo Lab, only after it is determined how many photos are associated with a given can, whether or not they are approved for release, and the size and number of photos ultimately requested. You may print out the Photograph Request Form.

    Required Registrants

    If you are required by law to register as a PC 290 Sex Offender, H&S 11590 Narcotic Offender, PC457.1 Arson Offender or PC186.30 Criminal Street Gang Offender, it is necessary for you to call for an appointment. Please call (626) 744-7206 to make an appointment or if you have any questions regarding the registration process.

    To register you will need: Proof of Registration Requirement, Proof of Pasadena Residence, and Photo Identification.

    Subpoenas - $15

    Documents Needed for Court?

    Some reports that are not otherwise available for release will be considered for released with a valid subpoena describing what documents are necessary for an active civil court case. Issuance of a subpoena does require release of more information than standard procedures allow, but does not require production of a variety of exempt records. There is a $15 charge for processing a civil subpoena. Additional fees or supplies may be required for subpoenas involving large documents, video tapes, audio tapes, photographs, etc.

    Documents needed for a criminal court case should be obtained by way of 'informal discovery' addressed to the prosecuting authority (District Attorney or City Prosecutor). The accused party’s defense attorney typically handles the discovery process.

    Crime Statistics

    Crime statistic records are produced in the Records Section and are available at the Pasadena Public Library at 285 E. Walnut St., Pasadena, CA 91101 at (626) 744-4066, Option 6.

    Requests for Personnel or Policy and Procedure documents are processed through the Personnel Standards Section at (626) 744-4366.

    Requests for current crime activity or trends in a particular neighborhood or area are processed through the Community Services Section at (626) 744-4551.

  • It is the policy of the Pasadena Police Department to support and promote openness in government by releasing information in a timely and responsible manner. It is our obligation to protect the lives and property of the residents of Pasadena and to ensure that those who stand accused of violating the law receive a fair trial. (Department P&P F-4 I).

    Police Records are maintained for a variety of purposes. It is our duty to disseminate the records appropriately, always weighing the competing interests of all parties involved. It is important that we consider the need to know, right to know, and what is best for the public interest. (Records Procedure 17.11) Many police reports are not available for release. The Pasadena Police Department has a report retention schedule of (10) years with some exceptions.

    Police Reports - $10

    There are two ways to obtain a police report. The first way is to come in person to the Police Department Records Section, complete the request form and pay the fee. A copy will be then be provide as long as you meet the above requirements.

    The second way is to request a copy by mail. Print out the police report request form, fill it out, and mail it along with a check or money order payable to the City of Pasadena. If you cannot print the document, you may write a letter requesting the report. You must include how your are associated with the case, your name, address, and phone number; the type, date, and location the of incident.

  • Vehicle Impound Releases

    Vehicles may be released only to the registered or legal owner with proof of identity, a valid driver’s license, and proof of ownership.

    Vehicle registration must be valid and complete.  Vehicles with pending registration must have a DMV moving permit issued

    If the owner of the vehicle does not have a current driver license he/she must be accompanied by a licensed driver who will drive the vehicle from the impound lot.

    These fees are payable to the City of Pasadena by cash or check only. Additional fees are payable to the tow company for towing and storage.

    Vehicle Release Fees and further information can be found here.

Water Usage Gauge