• State law (AB341) now requires apartment communities/multi-family housing with 5 or more units to recycle.
• Recycling may provide opportunities to save money.
• Recycling helps conserve resources and extends the life of California’s landfills. It also helps create a healthy environment for our community and future generations.
• Many apartment residents are requesting recycling; providing recycling helps promote your community as environmentally friendly and may help fill vacancies.
Types of Material to Recycle
• Clean, dry paper
• Cardboard and chipboard
• Plastic (1-5) and glass bottles and jars
• Metal and aluminum cans
• Metal containers and empty aerosol cans
• Plastic bags and dry cleaner bags, bundled
How to Get Started
It’s easy to recycle at your business.
• Make sure your business has arranged for recycling services; private haulers can provide separate recycling receptacles upon request for an additional fee.
• Help employees learn which items can be recycled.
• Separate recyclable items from trash inside your business.
• Place your recyclable items in external recycling containers for pickup.
• Make sure employees, especially clean up staff, know about your recycling program.
• Any business or individual may donate, sell and/or otherwise arrange for the pickup of recyclable materials.
• For optimum participation, recycling containers should be placed near waste generation source and should be clearly labeled.
• Mixed waste may be sent to a Material Recovery Facility (MRF) for diversion of recyclables.
Where to Go for More Information
• Email: email@example.com
• Public Works Customer Service (626) 744-7311.