Traffic & Parking Concerns

In order to provide better customer service and accessibility to police services, the following FAQs, answers, web links and other information is provided.  If you cannot find the information you need below, please contact us at (626) 744-4501.


What happens if I refuse to sign a traffic ticket I disagree with?

Signing a citation is your promise to appear in court for a suspected violation.  Your signature is not an admission of guilt.  Guilt is determined in the court and only a judge can levy punishments.   

If you refuse to sign a citation, an officer must arrest you and bring you directly before the magistrate/judge having jurisdiction during court operating hours.  This may involve being held in custody overnight or during the weekend until court is next in session. 

How do I contest a parking citation?

There are three levels that may be involved in contesting a parking ticket issued in the City of Pasadena. The three levels are detailed within the California Vehicle Code for providing citizens with an opportunity to contest parking tickets that were issued to their vehicles. 

In Pasadena, parking enforcement is commonly administered by the City of Pasadena Transportation Department, Parking Citation Section. Click on the following link for more information: §  http://ww5.cityofpasadena.net/transportation/parking-citations/ 


How do I get a citation signed off for proof of correction? 

The Sheriff’s Department has personnel assigned specifically for this task at the Pasadena Courthouse, 300 W. Walnut Street.  Parking for this service is marked at the front curb. 

If my car has been towed, how do I locate it?

Click on the following link: http://www.cityofpasadena.net/police/impound_faq/ or come to the Department’s Records Section during regular business hours. 

Who do I call if I see an abandoned vehicle or one that hasn't moved for 72 hours?

No person shall park or leave standing within the City any vehicle for 72 or more consecutive hours upon any highway, street, alley or City property.  If that time allotment has been exceeded, any law enforcement officer is authorized to remove or cause the removal of any vehicle. Call the Department at (626) 744-4241.  An officer will respond to investigate and impound the vehicle if necessary. 

How long can a vehicle park on the street without movement before being issued a citation?

Parking on Pasadena streets is regulated by street signage.  In areas where there are no signs, vehicles may park between the hours of 6 a.m. to 2 a.m.  Parking vehicles on the street from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. requires an Overnight Parking Permit available from the City’s Department of Transportation.  Please visit ww5.cityofpasadena.net/Transportation for more information. 

How can I get a permit for overnight parking in our city?

Overnight parking permits are sold via vending machines.  There is a machine located in front of the Department, 207 N. Garfield Ave.  For more information visit: http://ww5.cityofpasadena.net/transportation/parking-permits/ 



Posted: 3/17/2014 11:30:00 AM
Water Usage Gauge