All events are free.
Monday, April 25
* 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Flintridge Center staff will conduct a workshop for grant seekers at La Pintoresca Branch Library, 1355 N. Raymond Ave., where you’ll learn how to generate targeted lists of funding prospects from an online database in seconds. Call (626) 449-0839 for a reservation.
* 5 p.m. – This is the deadline for submitting an application to serve as a Pasadena City Council appointee on the Charter Amendment and Sub-Geographic Districting Task Force. http://bit.ly/hzR75P
Wednesday, April 27
1 p.m. – This week’s film in the Donald R. Wright Auditorium at Pasadena Central Library, 285 E. Walnut St., is “Cleopatra” (1963, PG) starring Elizabeth Taylor as the Egyptian queen, Richard Burton as Mark Anthony and Rex Harrison as Julius Caesar. (626) 744-4066.
Thursday, April 28
6:30 to 8:30 p.m. – Attend the first in a series of four community workshops where you’ll share ideas for the design of a proposed park in the Playhouse District. http://bit.ly/er7oge
Saturday, April 30
* 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Reese’s Retreat, the universally accessible playground for pint-sized pirates at Brookside Park, will have its grand opening: http://bit.ly/dWEODN
* 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Celebrate the sixth anniversary of Arlington Garden with guided tours, art exhibitions, expert garden advice and much more! http://bit.ly/g8wyj3
See more community events (and add your own) at www.cityofpasadena.net/calendar.
The Pasadena City Council will meet Monday, April 25, at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber (S249) at Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Ave.
Agenda items of note include:
* Proposed amendment to Chandler School Master Plan to allow construction improvements in two phases and provide temporary off-site parking and shuttles for faculty and staff
* Proposed resolutions to become a Healthy Eating, Active Living (HEAL) city
* Consideration of a call for review of a Code Enforcement Commission decision related to Super Liquor
* Annual report on equal opportunity in City of Pasadena employment
* Update on Rose Bowl Stadium renovation
The full agenda, complete with downloadable reports, is available at www.cityofpasadena.net/councilagendas/council_agenda.asp.
The meeting will be televised live on KPAS (channel 3 on the Charter Communications system and channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse) and via streaming video at www.cityofpasadena.net/publicaffairs (click on the KPAS icon).
COMMISSIONS AND COMMITTEES
The Design Commission will meet Monday, April 25, at 5 p.m. in Conference Room 1 in the Water and Power Building at the City Yards, 245 W. Mountain St. Agenda items include settlement agreement on IDS Playhouse Plaza project. This will be followed by a 5:15 p.m. tour of the Water and Power Building and site visits to various projects under review throughout Pasadena.
The City Council Municipal Services Committee will meet Tuesday, April 26, at 4 p.m. in the Council Chamber (S249) at Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Ave. Agenda items include termination of water shortage prohibitions.
The Planning Commission will meet Wednesday, April 27, at 6:15 p.m. in the Council Chamber at Pasadena City Hall. Agenda items include status report on update of the Open Space/Conservation Element of the General Plan; update on survey and workshops in June for update of the Land Use and Mobility Elements of the General Plan; and update on the draft Bicycle Transportation Plan.
The April 27 meeting of the City Council Legislative Policy Committee has been canceled.
The Northwest Commission will meet Thursday, April 28, at 6:30 p.m. at Jackie Robinson Center, 1020 N. Fair Oaks Ave. Agenda items include update on code enforcement activity from December 2010 to February 2011; presentation by Wendi Donahue from the Business Academy at John Muir High School; and final conception, production and installation of Northwest Marketing Plan concepts.
See more information about commissions, including downloadable agendas, at www.cityofpasadena.net/commissions.
Public Information Officer
City of Pasadena
Public Affairs Office
100 N. Garfield Ave., Room S228
Pasadena CA 91109
Cell: (626) 375-2742
Facebook: Pasadena PIO