The Pasadena Health Officer issued a Health Order for reporting CRE on 01/19/17. The reporting of CRE will allow for better understanding of antimicrobial resistance. Compliance with the Health Order is as follows:
- The acute care hospital and all skilled nursing facilities enrolled in the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention's National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) shall report clinical laboratory CRE-positive tests collected on or after January 1, 2017.
- The acute care hospital and all skilled nursing facilities enrolled in NHSN shall confer rights for CRE data, including patient information, to the Los Angeles County CRE NHSN group by February 28, 2017.
- Skilled nursing facilities not enrolled in NHSN shall begin reporting by February 1, 2017.
- As skilled nursing facilities enroll in NHSN, they are no longer to report CRE via Confidential Morbidity Report (CMR); the reporting requirement will shift to NHSN.
- The acute care hospital and all skilled nursing facilities that create an antibiogram shall submit the antibiogram electronically, as specified by the PPHD Communicable Disease Program. At this time, antibiograms may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has also issued a Health Order for reporting CRE. Click here to read the order, register for an informational webinar on February 14 and 17, and for additional resources.
Clinical guidance and epidemiological information on CRE can be found at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention.